Home Investigations Disclaimer FAQS Contact Us

Undisclosed 14th Century Manor HouseKent

Investigation 3

In this, the third of our planned investigations, our aim was to remain the same, to investigate the possibility of unrecorded as well as documented phenomena, and to continue our thorough examination of this site.


This place is not to be identified at the request of the owner. Our previous two nights here had been very rewarding and we are very grateful to be able to continue our study of this very historic and old manor house and outbuildings. We are also please to be able to tell you that the owner as kindly extended the period of time we have to study venue so we are no longer restricted to four investigations. We now hope to continue investigating here until the end of 2008, by which time we intend to have a full account of the phenomena we encountered.

Previous reports:
Investigation One
Investigation Two



Samsung VP-D351 with night vision
Sony DCR HC-24E with night vision and Sony HVL-IRM IR light
Sony DCR-HC19 with night vision and Sony HVL- IRM IR light

Digital Camera:
Canon 400D
Fuji Fine Pix S5000
Fuji Fine Pix S5500
Fuji Fine Pix S5500
Pentax K-100D Digital SLR
Olympus C-370
Practica Digicam 3

Voice recorder:
Olympus VN-2100PC
Olympus DM20

Video tapes (MiniDV)

Ian, Kim, Paddy and Dave.

We decided to make a return to investigating as a group rather than splitting into pairs, and chose to return to where the majority of the activity had been found so far. Given that we now knew we were not restricted to just the original four investigations, we felt that we could afford the time to thoroughly explore what we had found in the outbuilding referred to in our previous reports. This is where the team had all seen a figure, sensed and heard movement around the room and Kim had previously caught some EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) on her voice recorder it was one word, “whisper”, this can be heard on the video attached to our second report. We were to remain flexible and to adapt what we were doing in line with whatever occurred. Equipment to be used would be simply camcorders with night vision, digital voice recorders and cameras. We were to conduct vigils at first, whilst asking for activity that we could record.


The Investigation


The investigation commenced in the outbuilding. We sat in the room at the top of the stairs as before, the same place as we had conducted our paired vigils on the second investigation. Dave's camcorder pointing downstairs, Ian's into the adjacent room, Paddy, Kim and Dave's voice recorders were all sat around the floor and running. After a while Ian and Dave began to take turns talking, announcing us and asking for anyone with us to make themselves known. It seemed that no sooner had we started there were noises and taps to be heard all around us where there were none as we settled for the start. The atmosphere became very dense and heavy.

Whilst Dave was calling out Ian felt the most intense wave of coldness, right to the bone making every hair on his body stand on end then it subsided, this happened two or three times whilst Ian asked Dave to continue talking as Ian felt sure this was a response to what Dave was saying. Ian also noted seeing some faces in the shadows by the top of the stairs, not in any great detail but the “disc” of peoples faces fading in and out.

Kim noted a couple of taps heard by the team and she felt a “touch” behind her ear, which made her jump. Dave was to also have the same thing happen to him.

Kim also noted seeing a strange light by the stairs as if something was moving about, then both she and Paddy witnessed another flash that moved over towards the stairs again. Dave noted the sound of movement as if someone was walking into a sold object, then felt a cold draft of fresh air across him. Clicks to his left as he was looking in that direction and during a moment when Ian was making a request for some activity Dave heard a distinct groan, as though in dismay at Ian's request.

Dave describes hearing further taps of a metallic nature to his left then sees movement across the doorway of the adjacent room, where Ian's camcorder is pointing. He described it as a group of pinprick lights but together giving the outline of a flowing light or white gown. Only the bottom half to the floor was visible, nothing was seen where the torso would have been.

There was an overall odd feeling around the team, the room felt intense, as though the whole place was heavily charged and something was about to happen, but it never did.

There were more noises of movement, taps, knocks and touches happening very frequently, much more frequently than before. This night was very quickly becoming bizarre. We decided to have a break to discuss events.

After some discussion and refreshment we returned to the outbuilding, changed our tapes and decided to experiment by carrying out a séance. This is a documented method thought to amplify spiritual energy to hopefully provide additional energy to anyone else present in the room. We hoped that this might encourage more positive responses that we could capture on our equipment. Whilst we did this all three voice recorders were still recording and the camcorders had been moved, Ian's and Dave's were now facing into the room at the team. We had felt better for a break and refreshed and felt the room felt the same.

Before starting the experiment Dave pointed out to the team that he was feeling a sensation down his right side from his face through down to his arm that was feeling very heavy, a distinct lack of movement almost what someone might expect to feel if they had suffered a stroke to the left side of the brain.

We continued the session calling out whilst in our circle and continued to hear noises, knocking and sounds of movement from the shadows as before. Kim was repeatedly touched on the head as though there were fingers running through her hair, much to her annoyance.

This became very draining for some, namely Ian but especially for Dave, as he had been suffering throughout with aching limbs and felt generally unwell for most of it. He became overcome with tiredness. Kim and Paddy, on the other hand, were oddly very awake. We decided to take another brief break due to Dave's distress.

After our second break we reconvened back in the outbuilding. We returned to sitting separately but felt that the earlier, immediate, almost bustling atmosphere had all but gone. Despite continuing our line of questioning even the noises and sensations we had earlier had gone, the place was silent, and any odd noise that was heard was not consistent to anything in particular. We carried on for another hour before realising the moment had left us, and the place was not going to provide what we wanted this night. We collected our equipment and ended the investigation.

This was a frustrating night. Virtually nothing was caught on any of our equipment, not even any of the odd knocks and taps we had heard. Any that we heard on the night were too random to be connected to our requests for these, and none were repeated on request, sadly we can only suggest that these must have been naturally occurring.

The cold drafts felt could be explained by the fact that there are broken window pains and holes in the building that were found during our last investigation, although it was a still night and there was very little breeze.

Various members of the team did note seeing flashing or moving lights, there can be no explanation for this as there is no external light source and all or vigils are carried out in the dark.

There were visible signs of movement from the shadows that can mostly be explained and be a result of tiredness, but not all those witnessing them felt tired and were sure something else was causing these.

Dave's vision of a robe or dress walking across the room cannot be explained, but Ian's camcorder was filming in that direction during this session and nothing was caught in the footage.

What was caught in the footage was a bat, again. This was on both Ian's and Dave's video footage and another was filmed in the last investigation. Now we have conclusive proof that there are bats around we have to consider that a lot of noise and sensation of movement must be attributed to this.

There is no explanation for the touches felt by Kim and Dave as well as the sensations Dave was feeling during the second session.

40 minutes into the second session Dave's camcorder picked up a fast moving small light source travelling from left to right across the field of vision. Immediately after this Kim said she saw a flash by the cupboard and Paddy sees it by Dave. These may be one and the same up to that point there had only been one one moth in haphazard movement in view of the camera infra red light. No other insects or dust had been picked up to that point.

Further recordings are yet to be reviewed, should anything be forthcoming this report will be updated.

There was a limited amount of information forthcoming of a clairvoyant nature, but this cannot be validated. As Ghost Connections conducts scientifically based investigations we do not publish such observations, however, this information is held on a separate database.



What a frustrating night. After the events of the previous investigation we had hoped for yet more occurrences to be caught on our equipment, sadly this was not to be. This night turned into more of a night of feelings and sensations, with nothing definite happening. We felt that the place was getting ready for something quite big to happen but that it never quite got there. You can't have it all every night, but what we experienced was interesting. And we are still without any doubt that it is just a matter of time before this venue unleashes something fantastic.
Thanks again to the owners for their support and especially for showing their confidence and trust in us, in allowing us to stay on.
<< Back

30th August 2008

2004/2008 Ghost Connections UK